Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally Friday

Man this week has seemed to go on forever.  I even took Monday off and it has felt long.  Now I'm trying to cram in some miles before it's over since I had several rest days from running to recharge.  This is just a quick post, since I've been busier than usual at work this week, and I don't really fancy sitting at the computer at home when the weather is so nice (60's yesterday and probably all weekend!).  Maybe spring is finally here?

Daylight savings time has taken a toll on me.  I can't get my sleep schedule adjusted, and it's pitch black when I get up to run in the morning.

I'm hoping to get in a 10 mile run tomorrow morning to offset an evening out with my brother.  My old college roommate is a UFC fighter, and we're going to a bar to watch his fight, have some drinks, and see some other friends of ours who are still in college but home for spring break.

You may not hear any more from me until Monday.  Which won't be much different than most weekends.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. A UFC fighter as an ex-roommate, how cool! Hope the fight went well. I didn't get to watch, I had to work all weekend. Better get your miles early this week, they are calling for snow here by Friday - yup, it's still not over. Headed to Martinsville Half Marathon this weekend so I hope it's not too cold! I have been passing the iplayoutside.com website around. We will be posting our race as soon as dates are confirmed; and I hope to get others to do the same, thanks for the push-it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is the one it seems like most people I know up here are using, so if race organizers get their date up on it early, they've got a good chance of catching the attention of people who schedule their summer races early. The fight was great, Jim won by TKO.
    I don't think we'll get any snow up here in the Kanawha Valley :-P

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!