Thursday, March 24, 2011

Well That Blew!

Yesterday blew.  Literally.  A line of rough thunder storms passed over the Appalachians last evening (who says "last evening", really!?), knocking out our power for a few hours, throwing trees all over the roads, and producing golf ball sized hail in the southern parts of the state (none near us, however).  I was just getting started on dinner when the power went out -what to do?

Go to Applebee's, and drink beer.  Luckily my wife got home soon after the power went out so that she could grab a shower before the water heater tank got cold.  We got back around 9, and our power was on.  5,000 people here still don't have theirs back yet though - why couldn't my office building be one of them?

This morning was chilly compared to the past few days.  I was starting to get used to running in 60 degree weather this week, and today it was 45.  Tuesday went really well, I did a hard 4 mile tempo run and had no difficulty hitting my target (around a 7:15 pace).  Today was supposed to be 1.5 mile tempo repeats.  It didn't go well.  After the warm up, my legs had no zap.  So today became a fartlek run, and I need to adjust my schedule to a Monday-Thursday setup for my hard runs to give me more time to recover.  I'm starting to feel race day creeping up again, and I don't want my progress to stall because of poor scheduling. 

This week has been kind of a beat down at work, I'm hoping to get something interesting going on soon to blog about.  Till then, you have to deal with posts like this.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to fight the elements and get your run in. Paul was lucky, with his upcoming race this weekend, he got his last run in on Tuesday when it was still warm. Its gotta be warming up sometime for good, keep praying for sunshine! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!