Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In The Office for A Few Hours

I'm in the office for a few hours this afternoon, so I thought I'd write a post.  Our inspection is going well this week, we're actually a bit ahead of schedule.  We took the afternoon off for a conference call regarding the upcoming inspections in Mississippi.  Since our folks in Mississippi are an hour behind us, a 3 pm conference call for them is a 4 pm conference call for me.  This would normally be no big deal, except I am running in the evenings this week because of the inspection schedule (not enough time to run in the morning beforehand).  And I don't especially like conference calls, especially ones where I have nothing to add to the conversation.  So I'll be sitting here catching up on a few things and listening for the least possible amount of time, then heading home to run.

I had a 10 mile run on Saturday morning that went very well.  I was comfortable at a sub-8:30 pace, and didn't end up with any soreness afterwards.  Sunday was supposed to be a day off, but instead I found myself on a 16 mile bike ride to my office to pick up the company vehicle (meaning I could leave my personal vehicle home this week during the inspection.  Not a bad ride, no muscle soreness, but my seat isn't the most comfortable.  6 miles with some all-out sprinting coming up this evening.

I'm tired, I'm damp from the rain this morning, and I'm filthy from the inspection.  Oh, and I don't want to be doing this phone meeting (in case you didn't pick up on that).  Maybe I can just sleep for an hour during the call...


EDIT:

It is currently 5:30.  I'm still at the office.  The call is still going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!