Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just 5 More Minutes And I'll Get Up...

I really want to be running.  I do.  Every part of me wants to hop out of bed when the alarm goes off, lace up those shoes, and hit the road.

Every part of me, that is, except for my left hip.  I've had a bit of pain in my left hip since early last year.  Very manageable.  It doesn't seem to get worse while running, but hasn't gotten any better either.  So I've started some research to try to figure out what is up.  During this process, I'm taking a little time to rest it.

I didn't run last week.  There was no way to fit it in with the inspection, and I got a bit sick towards the end of the week.  Sunday, my hip hurt the worst it ever has - needless to say, I got a little worried.  Then Monday it felt the best it has in a long time - so then I was confused.  Now it is back to normal.

I'm taking this week off entirely - no running, no lifting, very little physical exertion.  Just some light stretching and strengthening exercises and some research.  Hopefully in my next post I will have a solid diagnosis for you, as well as a plan for how to address the problem.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the hip. My hip doesn't like to get out of bed in the morning either... along with my mind, my arms and also my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not bad in the mornings if I get myself in bed the night before. If I do better with that, and rehab the hip, I should be good to go next week.

    Also, you'll have to tell all of us how the recipes in your last post taste once you cook and eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made that pizza before, and I promise it's good! Keep us updated on the hip.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!