Monday, November 7, 2011

I Will Get Up and Run, I Will Get Up and Run...

So the past couple of weeks I've been pretty short on motivation for both running and blogging (anyone reading my blog has noticed this lately).  I sure do seem to have a lot of "good reasons" (read: excuses) for skipping runs and posting single-paragraph "updates".

So over the next 2 weeks (the week after that being Thanksgiving week, meaning I'll be in the woods hunting with no internet), I'm going to do an 3 part series on motivation.  The plan as of now is to talk a bit about the psychology of doing stuff (in case you haven't seen my resume lately, I'm also a self-proclaimed amateur psychologist), I'll talk about WHY, spend some time covering WHY NOT, and give some links to sites I find useful for each topic.  And along the way, I'm going to start applying the things I'm talking about to my own running to get it back on track (1.  I should have been doing this stuff anyway;  2.  Back on TRACK, get it?).

I've got 2 weeks to grab whatever conditioning I can before hunting season, the Thanksgiving 5 miler, and 2 weeks off for bridge inspections (official downtime before I start into winter mileage and spring scheduling).  I barely ran last week, but had a good tempo run this morning.  At least my lifting has been consistent for the past few weeks, and now that daylight savings time has ended I'll have better visibility for morning runs.

Tomorrow or Wednesday, expect the first installment of a series about motivation that will change your life! 

OK, too over the top?  I haven't even given the series a name yet...

1 comment:

  1. I actually got up this morning!

    Track. I get it. You're a clever fellow.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!