Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long Weekend

Independence Day was a much needed long weekend.  Not only did I need an extra day off from work, but it sure didn't hurt having a few days of guilt-free laziness.  Not running is driving me crazy.

We didn't do anything for the 4th this year.  My wife had to work, so I stayed home and played housewife, taking care of some overdue, to-do list items.  Every couple of months Kim has to travel around the state to the 3 Sam's Clubs for inspection, and it just so happened that this time around she ended up with the long weekend, meaning 3 days instead of 2.  Don't feel too sorry for her though, because she now has 6 days off.

I think I can run tomorrow.  The fulcrum test isn't producing pain in my shin, and I've really been working to align my knee over my big toe during everyday motions (walking, squatting down to pick stuff up, etc.).  My legs feel good, and I don't think I'll be losing as much time as I thought when I realized the seriousness of the injury.  I'm going to give it a couple of miles tomorrow and see how it feels, then a couple of more the next day, and report back the results.

1 comment:

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!