Friday, July 15, 2011

Running Again

Feeling empty?  Like something familiar is missing, like football without beer, like eating french fries without ketchup...

You're in withdrawal.  I haven't posted since Sunday, and you love me so much that you've become chemically dependent on me.  I suppose it's time for a quick fix.

I've been super busy at work this week trying to tie up loose ends.  I'll be gone next week, braving the heat and humidity at Jackson's Mill 4-H camp to ensure that hundreds of campers have the best week of their year.  It's a break from the real world, a chance to recharge, and to do something that I feel has real meaning to the world.  It will also be a week that I won't be online.  Better check into rehab now, or you may not survive without me.

I would promise lots of pictures, but at this point in our relationship we all know how often I actually post pictures...


To more important news - a week of running!  After 3 long weeks, my leg is finally ready to go again.  I got about 20 miles this week, mostly gentle and tentative, still a bit uneasy about fully trusting my injury.  Yesterday I did a moderate 5 mile tempo run that went very well, and the added effort level didn't cause me any pain, so I think I'm in the clear.  I have lost a bit of conditioning, the distance is there, but my pace isn't.  The downside to all of this is, I don't run at camp.  So after almost 3 weeks off, I get a week of easy running, then I'm off for another week.  Running, you tease.


I'm going to have to rework my half marathon goal.  I don't think I can get in shape for the pace I wanted to run with what time I have left.  I'll have to pick something a little slower to shoot for.  Not sure what yet, I'm letting it wait until after camp when I get really going again.

Hope you all have a nice week, someday you'll hear from me again...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome that you're back in the game! Enjoy your vacation. I'm headed to Texas this weekend for a little family time.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!