Friday, February 18, 2011

I Owe One

This weekend I MUST do my long run.  Not because it's really essential to my training - most of my races are 5k's, I don't really need a ton of long runs to increase my volume.  Not because I'm feeling lazy without it like before - I've come to terms with the fact that I struggle to get out the door running on the weekends, and I need to add these miles in gradually.

No, I MUST do this run because of lunch yesterday.  We always go out to eat on Fridays, every week without fail.  But there is a group of guys here at the office who also go out on Thursdays to Buffalo Wild Wings for 50 cent boneless wings.  I normally don't go, maybe once every 6 or 8 weeks, and it had been a while, so I decided to tag along yesterday.

Mistake.  The BW3's here has been having trouble drumming up lunch business, so they've got an all-you-can-eat boneless wings promotion going on.  How could I resist, right? 

No part of wings are healthy for you.  Chicken coated in heavy breading, then covered in syrupy, spicy sauce.  And if 1 is bad for you, how bad are 20?

Luckily, my morning running this week meant I didn't have to run after that kind of lunch, only lift.  My legs and back are a little sore, but not as bad as last time.  And Thursday's tempo run was the last for about a month - next week, 200m intervals, then 400m intervals after that for a while.  I'm finally starting to feel like I'm training instead of just running.

Not a lot going on with this post, huh?  My mother in law is visiting this weekend, so I should have something interesting to talk about next week.  Until then, MUST BEHAVE AT MEAL TIME...

2 comments:

  1. They had cake in the staff cafe at work yesterday. Knowing that 1 mile = roughly 100 calories, I looked at that cake and thought, "how many miles is that worth?" I've been on my best behavior since the entire medium pizza that I ate last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia, as will be revealed in my Tuesday post, I failed miserably in all aspects of behaving at meal time for the past 3 days. Don't count your food in miles, you run the risk of losing your enjoyment of both!

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!