Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleepwalker, What's My Line

First I'll apologize for using a song lyric as a post title.  It's lame.  I promise to try to avoid such shameless, adolescent ploys in the future.

The past few days I've been going through the motions.  Doing the things I'm expected to do on autopilot.  I even bailed out on a run to do something else, then when I finished that early, strapped on my shoes and ran anyway - sleepwalking isn't all bad I guess.

I dropped the long tempo on Tuesday, it was too cold and windy, so I'll be running tonight to make up for it (Friday is my usual day off).  I've lifted well all week, and aside from that minor hiccup, the autopilot has been lacing my shoes up and marching me towards my target times pretty well. 

Work has been an automated process this week - do a thing, make a small refinement, then do it again.  Hardly the exciting life you'd expect from a structural engineer - oh wait, never mind.  Am I becoming Dilbert?  I'd rather be Wally.

I nearly skipped my run last night, but found myself looking at the clock and saying "I've still got time to do this" rather than "Oh well".  I'm not sure if it was dedication, or just doing what I planned to do like a lemming, but either way I'll take it.  2x1.5 miles at just under a 7:20 pace, exactly where I wanted to be - but was it on purpose?

This evening I'll go sleepwalk through a 4 or 5 mile easy run, my dreams filled with visions of warmer weather (which the fortune teller on the morning news claims is coming next week).  I've already sleepwalked through this blog post.

But you never saw my best scene...
The one where I sleep
Sleepwalk into your dreams...

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the warmer weather. I got one day where I got to ditch the pants and then the went right back down again.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!