Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Workin' Overtime...or, Get Out of Bed and Run You Lazy Bum

Not literally workin', but runnin'.  I've decided that since the weather is beginning to break a little and the days are getting longer, it's time to switch to morning runs (I had been running after work, which is roughly the peak temperature in the winter here).  This transition is done one of two ways:

Way #1 (the easy way) - After my next day off, run in the morning.  This requires me to hold off until Saturday, as my day off is Friday.

Way #2 (the impatient way) - After a hard evening run, get up and do the next day's easy run in the morning.  This requires me to run twice in a 12 hour span.

Which one do you think I chose?

I moved my hard Tuesday run to Monday night - a 4 mile tempo run just under a 7:30 pace.  It was brutally windy and chilly for 45 degrees last night.  Then I got up and ran an easy 4 miles this morning.  My legs are fried, but they get another easy run tomorrow before Thursday's hard run, and my heart rate doesn't indicate over training, so I'll march on...

Morning running helps my schedule a lot.  It allows me to go to work later, then get home a little later, but have more free time in the evening when I can use it for something other than running.  And I'd been hitting the weight room with only 1/2 hour of rest after running, this will allow me to have all day between the two and cut out that half hour of nothingness. 


Also, I love the Rocky and Bullwinkle style of title (such as the one above).  Dr. Strangelove is one of my favorite movies.  If you see me overusing these, feel free to berate me for being unoriginal, as I probably deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!