Monday, May 2, 2011

The Home Stretch (and assorted leftover Easter goodies)

Just 5 days left until my first race of the year!  I did a hard benchmark run this morning to see where I'm at - 1.5 miles at race effort, 2 x 1/2 mile at race effort, 2 x 1/4 mile at race effort - and the results are looking promising.  Not where I wanted to be when I set out at the beginning of the year, but a solid base to work from this summer.  It'll be mostly easy workouts the rest of the week, as well as some housekeeping as team captain for the race.

Speaking of housekeeping, a few things I've been meaning to post:

Upcoming Changes

I'm planning to redesign my page very soon.  I didn't put much into it in the beginning, I was more interested in getting to the writing part, but now that I'm going I think I'll try to pretty this place up a bit.  Try not to feel lost if you wake up one morning and this place looks completely different.

Pictures from Out of Town

Here are some of the pictures I took while inspecting railroad bridges up in the mountains, as promised in my last post.  I took a lot, I'm only going to post the best of them.








1 comment:

  1. Hey I love the pics, looks like it would be a awesome place to run, along the railroad tracks,, those pics made me want to get out for a run now...lol
    Kenny
    www.losetheshoes.net

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!