Monday, April 11, 2011

Reconnect...or, Quit Procrastinating Your Life

 2 months since my last "Rocky and Bullwinkle" post title (which not so coincidentally, I watched this weekend), so it seemed like time to pull another one out.

My running is going well, I ran 10 on Saturday, an easy 4 on Sunday, and 400m repeats this morning.  I might even venture so far as to say it's going really well.  I'm not quite where I want to be, but I've got a solid 2 weeks left to continue making gains.  I've really started to dial in my training.  Those who've been following this for a while (I say this as if thousands are reading my posts...) know that I suffered motivational issues earlier in the year (which I whined about like a little girl here, here, and here).  I seem to have overcome those, which tends to be how I do things - as an engineer, I see a problem, I solve the problem, I figure out how to implement the solution.  But if I don't see the problem (or if I'm not reminded of it at a time which is convenient for me to work on it), it doesn't get addressed...


Cleaapolooza started with a bang, but ended with a fizzle.  I worked all day Saturday at the house, but when Sunday came I just didn't have anymore in me.  I ended up doing a little that morning, then wasting most of the rest of the day - except for mowing the yard Sunday evening, which takes a couple of hours.

So cleaning has been an issue, one which I'm implementing a solution to.  My latest problem is a long-running laziness about keeping in touch with people.  I'm bad at it.  How can this be, in the age of Facebook and constant text messaging?  I'm still working on that...

This is already running long.  Enough rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!