Friday, August 5, 2011

Catching My Breath

So things have finally slowed down here at work - until next Tuesday at least.  We have a review meeting on Monday for the plans we submitted, and the results of that meeting will determine how hard the next couple of weeks are.  But for now, I've got time to write a blog post.

My tempo run on Thursday went really well.  I was right on my 8 minute pace, even though I felt terrible.  I was sleepy, my legs felt dead, and I keep trying to find reasons to cut the run short.  But I didn't, and I'm pretty satisfied that I toughed it out.  My body just isn't accustomed to running 4 days in a row after that layoff, and I need to remember that.

The downside to this is that I started feeling a bit of pain in my shin yesterday afternoon.  I'm going to treat and rehab it as it comes, and keep running.  I've got my half marathon coming up, I'm not skipping it, and I'm not going in unprepared.  I just need to be careful.

My wife and I are off to the Outer Banks for the weekend to take care of a bit of business down there.  It'll be a quick trip, but I'm sure there will be some time to relax as well.  I'll try and take some blog-worthy pictures of the area, the house, and anything else fun and interesting that I come upon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you're going to the outer banks. I'm sure your half marathon will go great. It is better to be slightly under trained than over trained. I don't think you will be hurt by a little more rest.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!