Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pain in My...Back

My back popped again at the gym!  I was in a bent over position again, not doing anything heavy, but my lower back was rounded instead of straight - probably what happened the first time as well.  The good news is that it only hurts when I move it in a similar, rounded manner - which is really only when I bend to touch my toes.  It causes me no pain when running, so I plan to keep on preparing for my race.

This week has gone well running, I've had a couple of easy runs and one short interval workout.  My back hasn't prevented me from keeping on schedule, and my workload here at the office is light for the next couple weeks.

I'm still working out at the gym.  I don't want to abruptly change things during my taper for the race.  I'm keeping my intensity level high, but dropping the work volume gradually on everything this week.  I'll spend next week resting up so I'm 100% for the race.

And in other news, do you know what starts this weekend?

World Track and Field Championships!

2 comments:

  1. Is that where they do that interesting giant hurdle even where there is water in the other side that they land in? I think the even name begins with a T. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you perhaps thinking of the steeple chase? Yes, that is one event in track and field. Steeple chase and hurdles are like NASCAR for runners, you watch them for the crashes.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!