Monday, August 22, 2011

The Home Stretch

I've taken too long between posts.  Again.  But I can relax a little again, since we've gotten our latest submission at work done and can go back into cruise mode for a bit.

Since we last talked...

I had a good interval workout.  The intervals were slower than I was doing early in summer, but that was to be expected.  My running form feels better, and I feel like I'm in really good shape.

The evening after my intervals, I hurt myself at the gym.  Not doing anything manly and strong.  I was warming up for the dead lift and felt a pop in my lower back/hips.  If felt the way a tendon does when you stretch and it makes that cracking sound.  I didn't think much of it at first, but after a couple of minutes my back got tight and started to hurt, so I hung it up and headed home.  It was sore for 3 or 4 days, but feels fine now.

After that little incident, I only did my long/tempo run this weekend.  Another 10 mile tempo, with a mile warm up and mile cool down.  I tried to go a little faster than last time, but this one didn't go as well.  I was good for 6 or 7 miles, but I fatigued really badly and ended up walking a little bit in the last mile.  I still managed to bring it in under an 8 minute pace, barely, and I think I'm good to try a 7:45 pace during my half marathon.  I blame my diet the past few days for lack of energy - too many burgers, too many irregular meals.

I've got a few good runs planned this week, and a medium length run next weekend at race pace, then it's relax time as I prepare for the race...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good workouts. Cruise mode will be good.

    ReplyDelete

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!