Monday, January 10, 2011

Living for the weekend

It was a good week, it was a bad week.  I managed 4 days of running in a row, a total of 20 miles last week.  Not bad, since I'm easing back into full weeks after my lay off.  But terrible in that I still can't seem to do anything productive on the weekends.

I didn't run.  At all.  No long run.  Not even a short easy one.  There are still dishes that need done.  Christmas decorations are still in place.  And what did I do all weekend?  Video games.  Someone needs to remind me on Saturdays that I am not 14.  My wife is not a candidate for this - she was right there beside me, playing video games.

I have so much motivation when I am far removed from the things I need to do.  I can easily say, "this is the day" or, "this week I will accomplish this after work", until it actually comes to after work, and then I accomplish nothing.

Today, after work, I'm going to finish all of the dishes.  This is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!