Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ouch

Ouch.  Bad decisions, a bit of poor luck, and I am already as far behind this year as a person can be in 3 days.

My Hokies didn't just lose the Orange Bowl last night.  They got destroyed in the Orange Bowl last night.  I never played more than a pickup game of football growing up, since I was small and never really that athletic, so I will spare you a mediocre analysis of last night's drumming and just fall back to my default position on college football when things go wrong:  There's always next year.

I spent the whole weekend, starting on THURSDAY, doing absolutely nothing.  No running.  No lifting.  Very little house work.  So I officially kicked off my 2011 training with drinking, football, and video games. 

I have so much resolve, so much passion during the day sometimes when thinking about what I want to accomplish.  Driving in to work in the mornings, the day always seems so full of promise, another chance to make some progress on my personal goals.

Now it's an hour later.  I'm sitting here at my desk eating instant banana oatmeal (which tastes and smells like goo-ified circus peanuts, delicious), thinking, "how can I not blow it today?"

I did run and lift yesterday though, and the weight room bug is hitting again.  Just a matter of time before I start lifting really hard and adding more weights.  One of the few things that I seem to have a natural inclination towards is lifting.  Shame I never made anything of it when I had the chance.


Question:  What is in Chef Boyardee that allows them to say that it contains a full serving of vegetables?  Just what does and doesn't count as a serving of veggies?  That is my research project for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Cool! Click Here! Subscribe!